Personal Data Collection Policy
By using the Website you consent to our collection and use of your personal data as described in this Personal Data Collection Policy. If we change our Personal Data Collection Policy and procedures, we will post those changes on the Website to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
Collection of personal data and user information
When you visit the Website, we may collect two types of information from you:
- Personal data
Personal data you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis or when you register on the Website for purposes of making online donations. Such information may include but is not limited to your:
- email address;
- mailing address;
- telephone number;
- identity reference;
- credit card or bank account information; and
- date of birth.
- User information
When you look at this Website, our service provider makes a record of your visit. This shows your domain name server address, IP address, operating system, browser type and the pages you have visited. We may also obtain information about your general Internet usage to help us improve the Website by using “cookies” which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Information gathered by using cookies may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at the Website, and the websites you visited immediately before and after the Website. The service provider only discloses to us aggregate information about the number of visitors. We will only use the information for preparing statistics.
Important notice on personal data usage
We may use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- when communicating with you in response to your enquiries, comments and suggestions;
- when honouring your request for information or services, whether submitted by you online, over the phone, or through other methods;
- when either developing or improving our relations with our supporters, prospective present and past donors, by enabling us to contact appropriate individuals with relevant information such as newsletters, research and invitations to join our activities or events;
- when processing and managing your donations;
- when issuing your receipt;
- when confirming your donation arrangement, mailing or online correspondence, or event participation;
- when processing and managing your application to join our membership, event participation or sponsorship, enewsletter subscription, volunteer programme, public tours, or product purchase;
- when signing-up or joining one of our education programmes or health talks;
- when communicating with you about content-related announcements;
- when improving the content and related services, and for statistical and other analysis, to help us improve our website and our education and fundraising activities;
- when providing to our service providers, who perform services solely for our use in accordance with this policy;
- when fulfilling the above purposes, you may be contacted via email, direct mailing, telephone, SMS or other means.
How we protect your personal data
Hong Kong Cancer Fund is committed to safeguarding web users’ personal information in respect of its collection, use, retention security, transfer and access. Personal data is collected by lawful and fair means and only used for lawful purposes directly related to the functions and activities of Hong Kong Cancer Fund. We take all reasonable practical steps to ensure that personal data collected and retained is accurate and protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. We limit the use of and access to your personal data to our designated employees and authorized agents, who are instructed to handle your personal data in accordance with this Personal Data Collection Policy. Your personal data will be stored in our secure internal system.
Use of your personal data
The personal information you have provided to Hong Kong Cancer Fund will be treated as strictly confidential. Your personal data will be used solely for purposes of handling your donation, receipting, providing donor services, communication , fundraising, feedback collection as well as inviting you to health talks and relevant activities, volunteer recruitment and purposes in line with the mission of Hong Kong Cancer Fund.
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right of access and correction with respect to personal data. Request for personal data access and correction should be made to Hong Kong Cancer Fund in writing. In addition, if you do not wish to receive any communications relating to any services concerning Hong Kong Cancer Fund or this Website, you may contact us through the following channels:
- Call our Donor Relations hotline at 3667 6333
- Send a fax to 3667 2100
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Unsubscribe link in our enewsletter
- Write to Hong Kong Cancer Fund, Room 2501, Kinwick Centre, 32 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
Registration and online donations
When you register or make a donation through the Website, your personal information will be securely encrypted. Your credit card or bank account information will be passed to a third party (such as a bank and authorized agents),) only when necessary for the purpose of processing your donation. We will not sell your personal data to third parties for commercial purposes.
Links to other websites
The Website provides hyperlinks to other websites. This Personal Data Collection Policy does not apply in respect of such third party websites, and we are not responsible for any personal information about you which they may collect. These third-party hyperlinks are supplied only for the convenience of the Website’s visitors.
While we aim to use a “secure mode” whenever we request personal information, we do not guarantee that information transmitted through the Website or any electronic mail (email) will be secure, since such information or email sent over the Internet is not secure.
Changes to our Personal Data Collection Policy
Any changes Hong Kong Cancer Fund makes to our Personal Data Collection Policy will be posted on this page. You should check it regularly to ensure that you are aware of our latest policies.
This Personal Data Collection Policy has been prepared in English and Chinese. In the event of a conflict between the English and Chinese versions, the English version will prevail.